Monday, October 20, 2008

busy, busy!!

We have been doing so many things and then I think about not writing about them because then I feel bad for not having pictures and I decided that sometimes you just have to write the stories and forget the pictures and sometimes the pictures can be added if I have enough time at the moment I write. So there you go, sometimes you get pictures, sometimes you won't, and I am sorry but at least you get something right?

So The Birthday!!! Holy Smokes!! (That's what Emiley says) We had our kids birthday for the first time this year and it went smooth! Andy turned 1 and Emiley turned 4 on the same day and it was great!! It kind of feels like a Christmas just when you are aching for one. It was a many day celebration at our house and then we went to visit Dave and Denise, Joe's brother and his wife, and their kids and we came back to the aftermath of the birthday and it was just as exciting!! See what I mean about MANY day celebration. I love long birthdays and you have to make it extra long when it's two kids, right? Thank You to all who joined us that day, took pictures, sent/brought presents and helped us eat TWO cakes!! It was wonderful to be surrounded by so much love.

This was a bean bag toss that we played. The kids loved it and I even made the bean bags!! My friend Becky helped put together the board, she was a real lifesaver for those last minute things. Thanks Becky!!

Cute Birthday Boy!!


We also play "Pin the nose on the clown." This is the brave Evalyn who was the only one who ended up doing it though. I think it was the blindfold, but emiley had been excited for it all day, well all week and then...stage fright maybe!?!

Then we did a "taperope" walk as Emiley calls it!! We had a circus theme!

Two cakes for two kids!! Andy had to have Chocolate, he was one!! So it is chocolate with chocolate frosting. Emiley wanted a pink cake with white frosting, so I made one and then when we started cutting up the cakes she called over to Joe, "Daddy, the brown one for me please!!" What a silly girl she is!! I made her try a piece of the pink one she wanted so bad, and she didn't like it...it was strawberry. I surprised myself and I even liked the pink one best so it turned out good.

Cake Pictures!Some of the treasure trove of gifts!Showing off gifts. The outfit she is wearing was a gift too. Soooooo Cute!! The hair clips too.Cute boy again!! This is one of the outfits he got. He looks like such a little stud!

6 comments:

Kym said...

Looks like you had a fun party! I didn't know that both of your kids had the same birthday!

Amanda said...

Janell! What fun to see your blog!! Your children are beautiful... your daughter is SUCH a MINI you, she's BEAUTIFUL! I love blogging, what a wonderful way to keep tabs on each other! :)

Alan and Kiersten said...

what a fun part janelly! i can't believe how big your kiddies are getting! i love the cakes you made! you're such a fun mom. :)

Marshall said...

Happy Birthday Emmy and Andy! WE are so SAD we missed it :(! But looks like you had fun!

Jesse Edwards said...

how fun!!! looks like so much fun!

Michelle said...

She got a brown baby in her treasure trove of gifts! How fun!