
I am blessed to have sisters like I do. If you know me, you know I am and always have tried to be close to my sisters. They teach me so much all the time. I admire each one for their own special person that they are. Each of us have talents and a personalities that makes us each unique. I have to say I don't really see how you can mistake us for the other, but we are all gorgeous, so what can you say? Beautiful people kind of all look the same I guess. :-) And who is that hunk of man in the midst of us girls? Well my brother! He is just something else to love us all and put up with so many of us trying to be his mothers! What a sport!
I am going to do some sibling love here for a minute. It has been a busy month for my family. I just got back from a wonderful trip to Utah and then spent a couple of days in Colorado as well. My little sister Leslie decided to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has been a decision that she has really tried to figure out for herself and we were so glad and surprised, in a wonderful way, when she told us that she was turning in her papers. She received her call at the beginning of the summer and reported to the MTC on August 6th to learn Mandarin Chinese in preparation for serving in the Taiwan, Teichung mission. It was a neat experience to drop her off at the Missionary Training Center and spend the few days before all together as a family. Well, almost all together Joe couldn't get time off, but was there in spirit.
The very next day my Older sister Michelle just finalized her adoption of a beautiful (yes, she fits in well!) little girl named Mercedes. Then the day after that I was able to attend the sealing of this sweet spirit into our family. A sealing is the binding of families together forever. This is done in a sacred temple of the Lord by a man called of God call a Sealor. This special ordinance is one of the greatest blessing the Lord has given to us. By giving us this opportunity we are guaranteed that the people that mean the most to us can be with us forever if we fulfill our part of the covenants made and stay true to the Lord. I am so happy for Michelle and James! They have a son as well who is eight and have yearned for another. Mercedes has been such a blessing for them and they continue to be such attentive parents!
Cory my brother started his final year of high school this month as well. I can't believe he is a Senior!! He is quite a guy!! He is so sweet to his sisters and mom, for the most part. (You know brothers, they are good teasers too!) It always surprises me much he grows, inside and out, each time I see him. Talking about growing.....our weed is Rebekah!! She will have all the sisters passed put by the time Leslie gets home!! I really think she just might be the tallest of us all in the end, and although we give her a hard time, I am so happy she is rising above, hehehe.
So I know I went out of order in ages, but mentioned last and nobodies least is Kaylie!! My she has grown out of her shell and is getting wings. She has taken some big steps like getting a job, like a real, good paying one, finishing her first year of college, buying a car.....I am so impressed.
She is the most fun loving girl I know!! I miss her so! She is a great play mate and friend. So sweet and cuddly!! Kaylie is Soft, sweet, loving, crazy, just a great person.
Well, I am sure you can see that my family is just blooming right now! I had to tell everyone about it because my heart is full! It is also what I have been up to lately, so it works that way too. I love you family!! I don't know how my parents have handled it all so well. They are just Fantastic!!
7 comments:
Boy, reading your post made me miss your family so much!! I have so many great memories with all of you. I am so blessed to have great cousins that have shown me a little of what it is like to have sisters! It was great to see you for Michelle & James' special day (although I wish that we would have been able to visit more!)
What wonderful comments. I love you!
you're family is so great! and all so beautiful! i love that picture!
You are all very beautiful and its hard for people to tell you apart because you actually do look alike! Its crazy! You can totally tell you are all Dunns.
You have a beautiful family and just hearing you talk about them makes me miss mine even more. And you are absolutely right, you are all gorgeous! I'd love to hear how you're enjoying Cali...I hope it's treating you well...I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss home. I'm hoping the next trip home I'll get a few hours to drive down and meet your family. I just got to see Devin and Jana Huggins and meet their little boy Elliot. I'm just so grateful that I got to spend that year in VA to get to know people like you.
What a beautiful picture and you girls do look a lot a like. I can't believe Cory is a senior. Crazy. If you have a pic, I'd love to see Mercedes!
Cute Blog! I am glad that Allison gave you our blog info. We love to read blogs and keep up with family.
Post a Comment