Monday, April 28, 2008

Rock Hunting

So I have the most WONDERFUL family in the world!! The other day I had a Young Womens activity to get ready and I wanted to get rocks for the girls to paint. Joe was so willing and ready to help, as always!! So he had a short day at work and we packed up the kids and took a drive up the canyon to find some rocks. It was a fun little adventure. We knew we could find them closer, but it was fun to get out and spend time away as a family for a day too. It was beautiful!! I mean as beautiful as this area gets with it already pretty hot! We walked down to the river by a boat launch (Joe also was scouting out kayaking stuff too!!) and found some really great rocks, but of course they were in the middle of the river! Good thing I brought my packmule hubby along for the ride!! He carried everyone across with ease while I struggled with an empty carseat, used more as a cane than anticipated. It was quite the sight! Even though Joe was carrying Emiley, the whole trip across she was saying, "Oh! This is cold! Ahh!! It's cold!" After collecting all the rocks in the carseat, because we forgot a bag or bucket, that thing was heavy and Joe yet again made two trips carrying Emiley, Andy, carseat with rocks and acting as a rod of iron for his struggling wife as well!! Not only did he do all these things, but then he scrubbed the rocks for my and helped me with my crossword puzzle as well!! Joe is a Champ!! My hero! Emiley's prince, as always! Sometimes slaying dragons, sometimes forging rivers, sometimes just a great date for ice cream, he never ceases to amaze us all!!


No comments: